Delicious Venison Steak Recipes with Stroganoff Sauce
If you are looking for delicious Venison Steak recipes then try this one out! This delicious stir-fry venison steak recipe goes well with chunky chips or rice. It makes a hearty and satisfying dish, to satisfy your comfort food cravings! It’s quick and easy and is made even more special by using the freshest Scottish venison steaks. This steak stir-fry recipe makes 4 tasty portions.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Sharp knife and basic cooking utensils
Chopping boards for meat and vegetables
2 frying pans
650 g (1.5 lb) venison steak, cut into strips
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
350 g (12 oz) mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp tomato puree
300 ml (1/2 pint) beef/venison stock
2 tbsp brandy
4 tbsp sour cream
2 gherkins, finely chopped
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little butter until browned and soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the paprika, tomato puree and brandy, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sour cream and gherkins, and season to taste.
- Put the sauce to one side now, and stir-fry your venison strips – see here for cooking instructions.
- Serve the venison immediately with the stir-fry sauce and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Find More Venison Steak Recipes
So, if this steak stir-fry venison recipe has got your mouth watering, and you want to find more great deer steak recipes, then check out our other dishes in this section of our website. Here at Stagison in Scotland, we farm and process all our own venison. So if you’re looking to buy some top quality venison meat, check out our online Venison Shop. You can also call us on 01337 830237 or email us here. We look forward to hearing from you.Contact us >