Make your own amazing Venison Liver Pate
Homemade venison liver pate is a delicious treat! Spread it on toast or crusty bread, or use veggie sticks for dipping. This is a great deer liver recipe, which can be enjoyed as a tasty snack or appetiser.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Large mixing bowl
Oven dish and lid or foil to cover
Sharp knife and basic cooking utensils
900 g (2 lb) venison liver, chopped (remove any tubes)
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
225 g (8 oz) streaky bacon, chopped
225 g (8 oz) butter
150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream
8 tbsp brandy
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to season
Mixed herbs, sage or thyme
- Gently fry the onion in a little butter until browned and soft. Then add in the streaky bacon and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the liver, garlic, butter, double cream, herbs and seasoning to the onion and streaky bacon. Mix together.
- Cover and bake the mixture in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove from the oven, add in the brandy, and blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- When the pate has cooled a little, taste it. Add butter if you find it too strong, and add more seasoning if needed.
- Put into pots, cover with clingfilm and chill the pate in the fridge.
Looking for more Venison Recipes?
If this Venison Pate recipe has whet your appetite for cooking and you want to find more delicious recipes, then check out more inspiring ideas in the Our Recipes section of this website. Here at Stagison, we farm, process and supply top quality venison products. So, if you’d like to buy some of this healthy, tasty and versatile meat, please browse our Venison Shop online. You can also call us on 01337 830237 or email us here. We look forward to hearing from you.Contact us >