Delicious Beetroot, Apple, Hazelnut and Venison Salad
If you are looking for tasty venison salad recipes then this is a healthy, delicious and filling recipe that is easy to make. Ideal for a sunny day you can make this up easily and feed a large or intimate group. Whoever it is for this Venison salad is sure to go down a storm!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Tablespoon and cup
Sharp chopping knife
Large serving plate
600g of venison loin
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 bunch of baby beets
3 springs of thyme
300g of washed baby spinach
8 shallots or baby onions
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 finely sliced, pink lady apple
1/4 cup of roasted, chopped hazelnuts
1 1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- First, get your beetroot and your shallots. Peel them and cut into cubes a put onto an oven tray. Next, get your drizzle olive and salt over them. Place in the oven and roast them for around 25minutes.
- Get your frying pan and heat it up and add olive oil. Cook your venison for around 3-4minuets on either side. If the loin is big you can cut it in two.
- Remove the loin from the frying pan and finish off cooking it in the oven for around 5-10 minutes (depending on how well done you want it).
- Next, rest it while you prepare the salad
- Finely slice your apple and add the slices to the spinach leaves. Toss in the roasted vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Season with olive oil and vinegar.
- Slice the venison steak into neat, thin strips and display them nicely on top of the salad. Finally, sprinkle with the roasted hazelnuts and serve.
Do you want more recipes for venison?
If this has got your taste buds tingling and you want more venison recipes then you can check out the other recipes in this section. Our company, Stagison, is a deer farm in Scotland that produces high-quality venison from field to fork. All of our deer meat is for sale, so take a look at our online Venison Shop. You can also call us on 01337 830237 or email us here. We look forward to hearing from you.Contact us >